Learning to Stamp with Born Pretty Stamping Plates
It has been one of the challenges I've set myself for this year to finally learn how to use the stamping technique with nail art. Other nail artists I've seen on Instagram and YouTube always make it look so easy, but when I came to try it, what a mess! I really wanted to master it, so this year I practised and practised until finally - I think I've got it! Haha!
My husband bought me some stamping plates from Born Pretty Store as an early Christmas present and I've been having a dabble...
What do you think?
I used the BP-01 stamping plate for the first three, then BP-67 plate for the last one. Perfect for Christmas!
Here are a few tips I've picked up along the way..
- Always make sure your base colour is completely dry before attempting to stamp. I know that probably goes without saying but still...
- Be sure that your stamper, plate and scraper are clean
- I've found that a clear stamper makes it all much easier
- Try and be quick through the whole process, don't give the polish too much time to begin to dry on the plate or stamp
- I noticed that a quick wipe over the stamp head and plate between each nail helped keep the image nice and crisp each time
- Apply gentle pressure when you've picked up your image and transferring it to the nail
- Seal in with a topcoat
I've also seen people using tape or liquid latex to protect the skin from mess, I just use a brush and acetone to tidy up after then apply cuticle oil to finish.
It's so nice to finally see an improvement with this technique, and through a bit of practise and patience I actually find it more fun and less frustrating.
Maybe next year I can set myself the challenge of learning how to reverse stamp! Have you learnt anything new with nail art this year? Do you want to master any new techniques in the New Year? Let me know in the comments...
Also, if you like my nail art, please feel free to follow me on Instagram for more, I'd love to hit 5K!
Thank you for reading
Love, Leanne Xx