How to Cut your own Hair
Before we get started I firstly want to apologise for my face in these photos, the struggle was real! Also, if my hairdresser is reading this, Lisa I'm sorry! I know you will probably play hell with me next time I manage to find time to book in with you...
This is the first time I have ever cut my own hair, and I wouldn't have done it if I wasn't desperate. Finding time these days is a piece of work, and consequently my hair has been left to do its own crazy thing for probably two years now. I needed a quick fix - so I took to YouTube.
I found one video that made it look super easy (I will link it right at the end), I thought I'd give it a whirl. I'll list the steps below...
- It is advised to have damp hair, when I cut mine it was freshly washed with a quick towel dry... Remember that hair stretches when wet, so cut slightly lower than the length you want.
- Brush your hair really well...get all the knots out
- Part your hair down the centre, mine wasn't perfectly centred mind you and it still worked ok...
- Bring your hair to the front and tie under the chin.
Looking good so far, right?
- Use your finger as a guide and cut straight across, I used sharp, hair scissors that came in a styling kit.
- Once happy, remove hair band, dry and style hair as normal, and voila! All done!
Although I was quite pleasantly surprised and happy with how my first try turned out, I have to admit the results are (obviously) no where near as good as how it looks after a trip to Lisa. However, my hair is tamed nicely until I can book in for a proper do!
What do you think? Have you ever cut your own hair? How do you do it?
Here is the video I used...
Thank you for reading,
Love, Leanne Xx