How to Create a Pastel Galactic Makeup Look
As I don't yet have the confidence to wear these beautiful wigs out in public just yet, I thought it would be fun to really get the most out of them and create exciting new makeup looks with them. Not only does it give me some practise with makeup, but I get to look like a completely different person too haha!
The look I have to show you today was completely inspired and copied from an image I found on Pinterest, who I was soon learn to be @Xiaxue on Instagram. This is described as a galactic freckles makeup, a trend that was knocking about last year for Halloween.
I know its not Halloween, but I thought that this would look fab with my new wig from Black Candy Fashion...
I have spoken about most of these products before in previous posts, so I thought that instead of boring you all, I'd do a quick breakdown of items used with a brief description here and there...
- Foundation - Doll10 Hydra gel in 'Fair'
- Concealer - Laura Geller Real Deal 'Light'
- Setting Powder - W7 Banana Dreams loose powder
Eyes and Cheeks ...
- Brows - Barry M brow kit & Eylure brow stencils 'Slim Arch'
- Eyeshadows - Jeffree Star 'Expensive' Beauty Killer Palette, Nikkie Tutorials/Too Faced 'Justify my Love', 'Frosted Yum' Power of Makeup Palette -- I used these on the cheeks too, I used two brushes to apply, a packing brush to really build up the colour, then a fluffy blending brush to soften the edges.
- False Eyelashes - Ardell Lashes 106
- Mascara - Pur Volume Vixen in Black
- Leighton Denny Lip Dual 'Deal with it'
- Nikkie Tutorials/Too Faced 'Frosted Yum' -- I just picked a little of this up on my finger and gently dabbed over the middle of the lips and just along the cupids bow
Stars and Constellations ...
I used nothing special here, and you are all going to cringe when I tell you that I used white acrylic paint and a lip liner brush to draw on the stars and dots. It actually worked really well and washed off nice and easy too.. just be careful if you suffer with sensitive and reactive skin.
As mentioned before, this wig is from Black Candy Fashion 'Plum Pudding'. I love how there is a mix of lilac and pink synthetic hair mixed together, it is truly so pretty.
The Final Look ...
What do you think? I love how it turned out and I had so much fun playing around recreating Xiaxue's masterpiece!
Thank you for reading,
Love, Leanne Xx